Monday, December 1, 2008

Thou Art That!!

,nirvana,absolu
QUEST FOR GOD
O’ver hill and dale and mountain range,In temple, church, and mosque,In Vedas, Bible, Al KoranI had searched forThee in vain.Like a child in the wildest forest lostI have cried and cried alone,“Where art Thou gone, my God, my love?The echo answered, “gone.”And days and nights and years then passedA fire was in the brain,I knew not when day changed in nightThe heart seemed rent in twain.I laid me down on Ganges’s shore,Exposed to sun and rain;With burning tears I laid the dustAnd wailed with waters’ roar.I called on all the holy namesOf every clime and creed.“Show me the way, in mercy, yeGreat ones who have reached the goal.”Years then passed in bitter cry,Eacch moment seemed an age,Till one day midst my cries and groansSome one seemed calling me.A gentle soft and soothing voiceThat said ‘my son’ ‘my son’,That seemed to thrill in unisonWith all the chords of my soul.I stood on my feet and tried to findThe place the voice came from;I searched and searched and turned to seeRound me, before, behind,Again, again it seemed to speakThe voice divine to me.In rapture all my soul was hushed,Entranced, enthralled in bliss.A flash illumined all my soul;The heart of my heart opened wide.O joy, O bliss, what do I find!My love, my love you are hereAnd you are here, my love, my all!And I was searching thee -From all eternity you were thereEnthroned in majesty!From that day forth, wherever I roam,I feel Him standing byO’ver hill and dale, high mount and vale,Far far away and high.The moon’s soft light, the stars so bright,The glorious orb of day,He shines in them; His beauty - might -Reflected lights are they.The majestic morn, the melting eve,Teh boundless billowing sea,In nature’s beauty, songs of birds,I see through them - it is He.When dire calamity seizes me,The heart seems weak and faint,All natures seems to crush me down,With laws that enver bend.Meseems I hear Thee whispering sweetMy love, “I am near”, “I am near”.My heart gets strong. With thee, my love,A thousand deaths no fear.Thou speakest in the mother’s layThous shuts the babies eye,When innocent children laugh and play,I see Thee standing by.When holy friendship shakes the hand,He stands between them too;He pours the nectar in mother’s kissAnd the baby’s sweet “mama”.Thou wert my God with prophets old,All creeds do come from Thee,The Vedas, Bible, and Koran boldSing Thee in Harmony.“Thou art,” Thou art” the Soul of soulsIn the rushing stream of life.“Om tat sat om.”Thou art my God,My love, I am thine, I am thine.
(Swami Vivekananda's poem)
Only Breath
Not Christian or Jew or Muslim,not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi or Zen.Not any religion, or cultural system.I am not from the East or the West,nor out of the ocean or upfrom the ground, not natural or ethereal,not composed of elements at all.I do not exist, am not an entity in this worldor the next, did not descend from Adam and Eveor any origin story.My place is placeless, a trace of the traceless.Neither body nor soul.I belong to the belovedhave seen the two worlds as oneand that one call to and know,First, last, outer, inner, only thatbreath breathing human —Jalaluddin Rumi,
The Great Secret
God was full of Wine last night,So full of wine
That He let a great secret slip.He said:
There is no man on earthWho needs a pardon from Me -
For there is really no such thing,No such thingAs Sin!
That Beloved has gone completely Wild-He has poured Himself into me!
I am Blissful and Drunk and Overflowing.
Dear world,Draw life from my Sweet Body,
Dear wayfaring souls,Come drink your fill of liquid rubies,For God has made my heartAn Eternal Fountain!
(Hafiz
)
The Lord accepts the sin and the virtue of none;because knowledge is veiled by the ignorance.mortal men are deluded-The Gita
These are they who are conscious of the much falsehood in the world;they grow in the house of Truth,they are the strong invincible sons of the infinity-Rig Veda
"so remarkable..the poems of vivekananda,rumi, and hafiz..rumi describing nirvana of the absolute,hafiz intoxicated with ananda(bliss),and vivikananda seeking the union with the divine.."

No comments: