Monday, September 14, 2009

The Mother's Total Surrender


1914 Mar 29 Arrives in Pondicherry. Meets Sri Aurobindo at 3:30 p.m.: 'As soon as I saw Sri Aurobindo, I recognised in him the well-known being whom I used to call Krishna.'
'I was seated close to him, simply, like that, on the floor... suddenly I felt within me as if a great Force - Peace! Silence! massive.' On her way out, notices 'I didn't have a thought in my mind... I was absolutely in a complete blank.'
Sri Aurobindo: T had never seen anywhere a self-surrender so absolute and unreserved.'

- Mar 30 'It matters little that there are thousands of beings plunged in the densest ignorance. He whom we saw yesterday is on earth; his presence is enough to prove that a day will come when... Thy reign shall be indeed established upon earth.'
.. source

No comments: