Tuesday, May 12, 2015




 Golden Krishna(Krishan Kali?)

“Krishna in Gold”
A vision of Sujata’s
A place similar to the Playground. A few people, here and there, are talking or going about.
I am standing somewhere in the middle of the ground, in front of Mother’s door.
From the main gate enters a vehicle — half-cart half-cab — drawn by two bullocks. It comes to a stop a few feet away from me. The driver makes the bullocks kneel down. Out steps a gentleman. The cart is driven away.
The gendeman is dressed in white, Indian-fashion (dhoti, punjabi). He is round-faced and fair-skinned. Reminds me of a Zamindar [landlord] from the North. In fact he is the new proprietor11 coming to take possession.
The doors behind me are locked. He has the keys.
But he is not supposed to open one particular room: the one I thought was Mother’s. But he goes straight there and unlocks that door.
He enters. I too, as if I had the right to do so.
We weave our way to the bottom of this room. I have a vague impression of a small window on the end wall. And in the left corner, is a richly decorated high throne. Seated in it is a Divinity.
He is quite small on that huge throne (about two feet or so).
He is made of solid gold.
At his feet are signs and objects of worship.
As we approach him, a sort of intense prayer or aspiration takes hold of me. We stand in front looking at him — my whole being is one intense prayer or invocation. The Divinity comes alive. He smiles slightly, then steps down.
He barely reaches my breast and seems to me like a little boy of eight or ten.
The three of us come out of the room. The scene has changed. Now it is countryside. A vast, unlimited expanse stretches in front. A few plots are cultivated, but most of the land is untended.
We walk. We walk on a narrow ridge by the side of a cultivated rice-field, which is to the right of us. It is green. I am nearest to it. The gentleman is the farthest. The Divinity is between us. He has a funny walk. He is so heavy (being made of solid gold) that he seems to lurch from side to side. I feel concerned and hold his arm to help him. I feel a tenderness also as for a child.
Then I turn my face toward him to reassure him. But instead of me looking down it is he who looks down on me! I am really astonished to see how tall he has grown during this short walk of but a few steps! Now it is I who hardly reach his shoulder. He seems to have grown to a lad of 13 or 14.
As I look up, he looks down at me and smiles. Ohh, what a smile! Utterly sweet and full of mischief. It contained a world: “You see, I am quite all right. Now you will see what fun we’ll have!”
We walk on. To our left, sitting cross-legged, head bent, is M. [a disciple very learned in Sanskrit texts]. As we advance, I think, “What a pity, we shall pass right in front of him, but he would not even know who passed by!” But as we near, he raises his head and sees. I feel glad for M.
We walk on. Now the scenes change fast. We meet more and more people. Trees. Roads. Still more people. Wherever we go there is trouble, disturbance, confusion. As if the Godhead were sowing disruption everywhere. The Zamindar gets annoyed. He had brought out the Divinity to show people what a fine fellow he was! Everybody should have great respect for him, obey him, for is he not the Proprietor? But the God had just the opposite effect! He should no longer be abroad. He must be put back where he belonged, and relocked.
So we return to the sanctuary. This time I remain outside. The Zamindar takes the God inside. And tries to shut the door.
But the Godhead will not be shut in.
I can see the gold God growing, growing.
The ceiling falls in. The god’s head and chest go through the ceiling. He tears down the walls and throws bricks everywhere. The Zamindar has disappeared under the debris.
The gold God grows. Taller and mightier. And will brook no resistance. With His mighty hands, He pulls down the walls of His old sanctuary.
When I woke up, I called Him “Krishna in gold.”12
(Mother’s Agenda XIII, May 15, 1973)

No comments: