Sunday, September 29, 2013

Spiritual Body



" I see in my mind’s eye the future perfect India rising out of this chaos and strife, glorious and invincible, with Vedanta brain and Islam body."-Swami Vivekananda
For our own motherland a junction of the two great systems, Hinduism and Islam - Vedanta brain and Islam body - is the only hope.. - See more at: http://www.indiatogether.org/opinions/rbakshi/vanand/vanandII-p2.htm#sthash.EPiex5CO.dpuf

My wish is to make a few observations first, but please remain
absolutely still in the mind or I shall not be able to manage. —
The age of our coming is the age of the omnipotence of the
second emanation. The first is the age of the Spiritual without
form, the second that of the spiritual possessing matter. The first,
I mean, the age in which we formerly came. Therefore our coming
depends upon your ability to lay hold on matter and make of it
a true mould of the spiritual influx. In the former age there were
symbols, but no true body.
Therefore the spirit receded and left
the other principles to play out their possibilities without its direct
intervention. Now there is a second chance for us. That is why I
have drawn near, more for help to myself than for anything else,
to make a suitable connection in my psychical principle with the
material and the work of the spirit upon it. This is to explain my
side of the communication. Whatever I see or say about things on
the earth is through a previous psychical translation and you must
so understand it and not expect too great a precision at present in
my communications.

SOURCE:SRI AUROBINDO RECORD ON YOGA,CHAPTER:AUTOMATIC WRITINGS 1920

No comments: